Tons of granola bars on the market actually contain high fructose corn syrup, which should be strayed away from all together.
Globally we are eating extreme high doses of sugar, especially high fructose corn syrup. It is cheaper and sweeter than regular sugar and is found in nearly every processed food, sugar sweetened drink and even some foods that you may think are healthy.
The best thing you can do for your health? Remove any product containing high fructose corn syrup from your diet!
These homemade granola bars have better nutrition facts than store-bought granola bars and have a much healthier and shorter ingredient list.
I love creating recipes that are simple to make and do not break the bank and this certainly fits the bill. These little guys were pretty dreamy – salty but sweet and with the perfect crunch!
- - 2x cups rolled oats
- - 1x tsp baking soda
- - 1/2 tsp himalayan rock salt
- - 1/4 cup melted almond or cashew butter
- - 4x tbsp organic honey
- - 2x tbsp pumpkin seeds
- - 3x tbsp goji berries
- - 1x tbsp dried strawberrys
- - 1x tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- - 1/2 cup mashed banana
- - Drizzle of cashew milk (if too dry)
- - Preheat oven to 350 F
- - Line a pan with baking paper
- - Blend the oats
- - Whisk all liquid ingredients together
- - Stir together dry and wet ingredients in a large bowl
- - Mould into your desired shape (I moulded into a large square)
- - Flatten as much as possible
- - Cut into little rectangles
- - Sprinkle with goji berries, pumpkin seeds and dried strawberries
- - Place on the baking paper and pop in the oven for 10 minutes