These edamame and black beans noodles are vegan and deliver a punch in terms of protein!And not only that, they take 15 minutes to make.
Noodles are so easy and quick to make, especially when you want to pop together a dish in less than 20 minutes.
I love adding edamame beans to dishes. They are super high in protein with one cup providing 18.5grams of protein AND provide all the essential amino acids you need. So yes you can get ‘complete’ plant protein sources!
They also are rich in vitamins K and the B family as well as minerals such as iron, copper and manganese.
You know what else I love about them….you can keep them in the freezer!
So if you are in a rush or in one of those moods where you just don’t have the energy to cook, then these noodles are the perfect go-to meal!
Edamame & Black Beans Noodles
- 1/2 cup Edamame Beans
- 1/2 pack Medium Sized Rice Noodles
- 1/2 cup Black Beans (pre-soaked)
- 1/3 cup Green Beans
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Lemons
- 3 tbsp Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 3 tbsp Soy Sauce (light or dark)
- 1 tbsp Sesame Seeds
- 1/2 Green pepper
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
Pop the noodles into boiling water until soft
2. Chop and wash all ingredients
3. Fry the garlic cloves in the avocado oil for 2 minutes
4. Pop the green beans, green pepper, black beans, edamame beans into the pan
5. Once noodles are cooked through, add them into the frying pan and mix well
6. Add in the sesame seeds, soy sauce, peanut butter and lemon juice and serve!